Booking Terms & Conditions
The term “us” relates to JLN Hughes training ltd, the term “you” refers to the person paying for or attending the course.
Terms of Payment
Full payment should accompany all applications for courses, exams or assessments completed by JLN Hughes training Ltd. unless otherwise agreed, all payments must be received seven working days prior to course, exam or an assessment commences. Where full payment is not received in accordance with our terms, JLN Hughes reserves the right to;
- Re-allocate a course place, or refuse admission if payment has not been received.
- Withhold processing or issuing of certificates as necessary.
Distance Selling (Online, mail and telephone orders only) – If you have paid for the course(s) over the phone then you have the right to cancel the contract in a 14 day cooling off period (starting the day after the individual entered the agreement) and receive a refund subject to any administration fees, unless the course booked commences within that 14 day period. At the time of the contract being made the individual will sign away their right to a 14 days cooling off period and will be subject to any relevant cancellation fees
Cancelling a course within the 14 day cooling off period
You acknowledge and consent that in order for us to assure you a place on the course we may have to register you within the 14 day cooling off period. In doing so, you also consent to commencement of our services (in line with the contractual arrangement made between you and us) within the cooling off period. When cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period, if registration has already commenced by the time of the course being cancelled then the cost of the registration fee will be taken from the refund given to you. The usual registration fees (subject to change and VAT) are as follows:
- 17th Edition £66.00
- Pat testing, initial verification and periodic inspection £64 each
- Design and verification £85
- Initial and periodic combination course (EAL 4337 & 4338) £103
Cancellation must be made in writing by email or by mail
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
Our working days are Monday to Friday. If for any reason the individual booked on a course is unable to attend their selected date then;
- If the cancellation is provided in writing no less than 15 working days prior to a course commencement we will issue a refund less an administration fee (£50 Plus VAT, £60 Plus VAT for Design and verification)
- If the cancellation is made within a period of 15 to 6 working days prior to the start of the course we will refund 50% of the course fees
- If the cancellation is made within a period of 5 working days prior to the start of the course then no refund will be issued.
Where there is any dispute relating to cancellation the responsibility for supplying proof of cancellation rests with the candidate concerned.
Trade and commercial booking (Bookings made by a business rather than an individual)
Trade and commercial bookings will be deemed as business transactions and are not privy to the 14 day cooling off period. If a business cancels within 14 days of the booking(s) being made then the business will be liable to pay the relevant cancellation fees as explained above.
- Transfers –If a course transfer is required then we should be notified as soon as possible. An administration fee (£50 Plus VAT) may be payable.
- Cancellation of Courses – JLN Hughes training ltd reserves the right to cancel a course. We require minimum numbers on our courses and if this is not met we may, unfortunately, have to cancel a course. In any case where circumstances are beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. Candidates will be notified immediately and an alternative date will be given. Our maximum liability is the fee you have paid for the course. Compensation will not be paid for any additional costs incurred.
- Candidate non-attendance – If for any reason a candidate does not show up for their course, exam or assessment no refund shall be issued.
- Course changes – JLN Hughes training ltd reserves the right to change:
- The course content, without prior notice, to accommodate up to the moment information
- The named trainers if they are unavailable
- The Venue location if the assigned venue is not available on the day.
- No Guarantee of success – Completion of a course completed at JLN Hughes training Ltd does not guarantee you are competent. When undertaking any work you must ensure the work is completed to the current standards and seek further instruction and supervision if necessary.
- Liability – JLN Hughes training Ltd does not accept responsibility for anyone acting as a result of information or views expressed on its training courses including course material. Opinions expressed are those of individual trainers and not necessarily those of JLN Hughes training Ltd and JLN Hughes training Ltd shall have no responsibility for them.
- Liability for Accidents and Damage – A candidate and/or sponsor shall indemnify JLN Hughes training ltd for the negligent or criminal damage to premises, or property of JLN Hughes training ltd or any other premises or property used by JLN Hughes training ltd in the provision of a course, exam or assessment. JLN Hughes training ltd does not accept liability for damage caused as a result of negligent acts or omissions of JLN Hughes training ltd, its employees or agents save for its statutory liability for death or personal injury.
- Special requirements – We will make every effort to accommodate special requirements that have been notified in advance on the booking form. JLN Hughes training ltd does not accept responsibility or liability if a candidate cannot complete the course or is disadvantaged because of an undisclosed requirement.
- Liability for Property – JLN Hughes training ltd does not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to any property brought to any of the premises in use by JLN Hughes.
- IQA Process – Once an award has been completed we aim to process all assessment paperwork to our awarding organisations as soon as possible. Should a delay or refusal of certification by our Certification Body occur, JLN Hughes training ltd will not accept any liability for loss resulting from the delay.
- Data Protection – Any telephone calls may be recorded by JLN Hughes Training Ltd for administrative or training purposes. We may use your personal data for administrative purposes and may keep this information for a reasonable period, and by booking a course you consent to this. We may also contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to let you know about any courses or promotions which might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications please e-mail us Jlnhughestraining@outlook.com and state that you wish to opt out from such communications.
- Candidate Behaviour – Candidates are expected to attend their courses during stated course hours. Candidates must not use any disruptive, abusive, threatening or violent behaviour against any employee of JLN Hughes Training Ltd or any other student or persons present. A breach of this provision may result in your immediate removal from the course and any examinations without reimbursement.
- Copyright – JLN Hughes training Ltd reserve proprietary rights on all course materials provided for a candidate and no course material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or stored in any retrieval system of any nature without the written permission of JLN Hughes training Ltd
- Language – JLN Hughes training Ltd will make reasonable provision to make courses as inclusive as possible . Participation in any course requires you to have GCSE level or equivalent in reading, writing and spoken English.
- Complaints – If you have any complaint or comment please notify JLN Hughes training Ltd as soon as possible by writing to the correspondence address: 89 Bulverhythe Road, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN388AD. Every effort shall be made to address the complaint in a confidential and timely manner.
- Force Majeure – JLN Hughes training Ltd shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations under this agreement caused by factors outside its control.
All bookings (whether written or verbal) are subject to the above Terms and Conditions and constitute a legally binding contract under English Law.
Course content and tutors
JLN Hughes reserves the right to change the course content, without prior notice, to accommodate up to the moment information or alternative trainers other than those listed.